Monday, September 13, 2010

Hank the camp dog


From camp director Pat Walsh:

I have some sad news to report from camp. Today an old friend of the camp passed away. "Hank" the dog passed away in his sleep today in Laramie. For the past 11 years he spent at camp being a friend to all of the campers, and staff, and me. He was a good friend and a good companion. He will be missed by many.

As I sit here and think back over the years with Hank, I remember most fondly how he loved to hike with all the campers, and whenever it was time to hike he would get excited and wag his tail from side to side and jump up and turn in circles. I remember how he would wait patiently for Patty Perez (camp cook) to arrive and begin to cook breakfast. That always meant a treat or two from her.

He was loyal, patient, and most of all loving to all of the campers that knew him. In his early years, I traveled with Hank around Wyoming to youth events and churches. Although the camp was his main home, he did see the rest of the state.

Goodbye, old friend, may God be always with you.

Pat

3 comments:

  1. Wow.
    I can't believe he passed away.
    At least he lasted all summer.
    I'm going to miss him a lot.
    I love you Hank.
    Maggie Leigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank was one of the many memories of Wyoming Wilderness Camp that made spending time there memorable. God's speed Hank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please e-mail pictures of Hank to d9568wasinger@gmail.com or to Pat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete