Friday, July 16, 2010

News and Quotes from Art and Music Camp

I feel truly blessed that I was asked to teach photography at camp for a second year. It is a wonderful experience to share the week with such creative and inspired kids. - Channis Tagart

We had 73 attend the concert!



Here are some quotes from the campers and some of the staff:

"The only thing that would make this camp cooler is if I smashed my guitar" -Stephan Hansen; Dubois

"What happened was grand!" - Reno Pesent; Dubois

"The best week of summer!" -Chris Holdworth; Green River

"I really hope I see everyone again next year" -anonymous

"This has been one of the best weeks of summer that I will always remember" -Kyle Muffin aka Juli Cartwright (staff); Douglas

"Can we just keep these campers for the rest of the summer?" -Stitch aka Nicolle Davenport (staff); Thermopolis

"The swimming hole was just the right temperature." -Carl aka Clay Caldwell; Rock Springs

"Camp was great, you learn so many things and meet so many people." -Tesia Wilhelm; Glendo

"It was a blast! Had lots of fun! Can't wait until next year!" -Kailee Adams; Baggs

"Camp was so amazing. I love meeting new people and seeing old friends. After 7 years it never gets old." -Michaela Baker; Grand Isle, NE

"I loved this camp because I learned flute" -Cassi Cole; Douglas

"The sky is not blue" -Kyla Christensen; Kaycee

"This camp was fun! I had the best time in the whole world" -Josie Austin; Kaycee

"Camp was definitely the highlight of my summer" -Ella DeWolf; Laramie

"Music and art cam Rocksssss!" -Krisynda Austin; Kaycee

"My fav was art it was fun I loved it here Love!" -Anna Ketner; Douglas

"In today's schools, with the widespread disappearance of emphasis on the arts, kids need a place to remember just how special their talents really are. I can't think of a better on than HR camp." -Paige Hellbaum (staff); Wheatland

"Art, Music, and Photography camp is a great retreat for kids because they have so much creativity and here they share all of it." -Tyler Caldwell (staff); Rock Springs

"We had just an amazing time just being here." -Cici Grove; Cheyenne

"The best way to learn why art, music, and photography is a great place for kids is to see them change from Sunday through Thursday. They find creativity and confidence they were unaware they had." -Alli Strube (staff); Laramie

"Good times." -Ben Fisher (staff); Alabama

"Everybody always has to have firsts." -Camille Neuharth; Douglas

"It was amazing! I hope I can come next year too!" -Hanna Wilhelm!!; Glendo

"It's the funnest camp you'll ever be at!!" -Gracie Hancock; Douglas

"Camp was way better than I expected. I loved it definitely coming back next year!" -Jordan Baker; Grand Isle, NE

"The kids were amazing at this camp-not just because of their talent in taking pictures, drawing and painting, and playing music and singing, but also because of their hearts." -Bridget Schabron (staff); Laramie

"The camper were incredible! Their talent amazes me still after spending a whole week with them. They have decorated our walls with art, our minds with their breathtaking music, and our souls with hope for the future." -Charli Youngberg (staff); Saratoga

2 comments:

  1. These quotes are great! I enjoyed meeting the campers and staff, and I am sorry a flat tire kept me from attending the show.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. I guess it was a matter of time before the tire was going to be worn out. I am glad you are able to keep going back.

    ReplyDelete